Thursday 30 January 2014

HOW TO APPLY THE PERFECT WINGED EYELINER EVERY TIME!

Applying winged eyeliner is difficult, even for those who apply it every day. I've been winging my eyeliner since I was around 14 or 15 years old, and I still don't get it right on many days.

There are so many methods for applying winged eyeliner, but today, I'm going to over the way I typically like to apply pen style eyeliners. I find that when I use this method, my liner turns out perfect every time! And, it's super quick!

The eyeliner I'm using in this mini tutorial is my one of my favorite eyeliners - the Physicians Formula 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum. It's incredibly easy to use, the tip is perfectly shaped for a thin, precise line and it never dries out or frays.

Beautysets - Perfect Winged Eyeliner Every Time!

Step 1: In the first photo I started out with a clean eye. Typically, the ideal time to apply eye liner is after your eye shadow and before your mascara. (For the records, I'm wearing mascara for this tutorial, but it's much easier to apply eyeliner without mascara, as your lashes won't get in the way as much.) *If your eyelids are prone to getting oily, powder your lids and apply an eye shadow base.
Step 2: Examine where you want to start your wing. Use your bottom lashline as a reference. In photo #2 you can see the arrow going from my bottom lashline extending diagonally outward. You almost want it to look like a continuance of your lower lashline.
Step 3: With the tip of the liner touching the very end of your upper lashline, draw a thin diagonal line (45 degree angle) upward as shown in photo #3. It should be going in the direction of where your eyebrow ends.

Step 4: Now, with your one eye closed (the eye you're applying liner to), put your pointer finger (of your left hand if you're right-handed) on your brow bone and slightly pull your lid upward so your skin is slightly taut. With your other hand, starting from the top of the wing, draw a straight line ending at the middle of your lid. Think of it as there being an invisible ruler from the end of the wing that connects to the middle of your lashline. You want to trace that invisible ruler. (See in photo below.)

Step 5: Now, fill inside the lines as shown in photo #6.
Step 6: All that is left is continuing lining your full lashline. It's up to you if you'd like it to be thick or thin. I like drawing a thin line towards the beginning of my lashline, so it looks like the line is getting thicker towards the end of my eye.



That's it!

If you need to clean up the edge to make your lines crisp, use a small angled or liner brush and dip it in your favorite concealer (or makeup remover) and trace along the edges.

You can experiment as you'd wish in making the wing longer, curved or angled higher.

I sometimes like snipping some false lashes in half and applying them to the outer edges of my eyes to further elongate my eyes, giving the ultimate cat-eye look!


Learn more at: http://tinyurl.com/poonxft

No comments:

Post a Comment